Thursday, November 13, 2008

Deadman's Pass and Boynton Vista

I wrapped up the hiking part of my trip (for real this time) today with Deadman's Pass and Boynton Vista. Deadman's Pass was a new one for me. It's a nice trail going in and even nicer on the way back. Unfortunately, I did it at the wrong time of day. The sun was right in my face, which means none of my photos turned out very well. Next time I'll have to hit this one early in the morning.

Boynton Vista shares the same trailhead as Deadman's Pass, so I decided to go ahead and finish things up with this short climb. For the second time this trip I ran into someone I met on an earlier trail. I can't remember that ever happening before.

After the hike, it was dinner at Javelina Cantina with one of my friends from Las Vegas. The food as always was great! The new "handicap gate" that blocks what used to be a direct, short path right to the restaurant's door is not so great. It's a blatantly obvious attempt to route customers to the nearby shops en route to dinner. Frankly, I'd just as soon not be herded around like cattle when all I want is to enjoy a nice meal. If I want to shop, I'll shop. /end rant

By my count, I've done 11 hikes, touching 17 trails in the past 12 days. My friends and I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Something tells me the masseur will have his work cut out for him!

No comments: