Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Red Rock Crossing II, Schnebly, and the Airport Sunset

No trip to Sedona is complete without a trip to Red Rock Crossing, so even though I had already been once this time, I went again today so I could show it to my friends. I ended up finding a new spot to shoot the reflection that I think I like better than both of the other places I normally use. Despite the higher than usual water level and resulting current, the water was completely still here, and made a really nice reflection. Even the clouds reflected nicely in this one. I also took a few shots from behind the stepping stones to get some rapids in the frame.

After we visited Red Rock Crossing, we proceeded to another "must do" in Sedona--a drive up Schnebly Hill Road. We originally planned to stay for sunset, but it was two votes to one in favor of getting down that narrow, rocky, badly-maintained mountain road before dark. So, we went to the airport mesa to watch the sun set. Afterwards, we finished up the day with a dinner at Judi's, which has maybe the best ribs anywhere.

Tomorrow's plans are up in the air. It's possible Cathedral Rock will again play a prominent role. I'm planning to wrap up the hiking portion of my trip with the difficult but oh so fulfilling climb up this famous Sedona landmark either tomorrow or Thursday. The weather and the "photogenic-ness" of the sky will be the deciding factor.

No comments: