Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doe Mountain

I'm keeping it short tonight because I'm tired and not in the mood to fight the on again/off again internet connection. Besides, I already had plenty to say about Doe Mountain, and posted lots of pictures, on my very first travel blog way back in 2003. The one thing I'll add is that some new markers have been installed on top of the mesa to help prevent getting lost. Unfortunately, it's still quite easy to get disoriented up there. Thankfully, there were a lot of people hiking this trail today, so I was able to get back to the descent point by listening to the voices of people coming up and down!

The plan for tomorrow is to hike Chimney Rock upper loop in the morning, and Thunder Mountain Trail too if I have time. I'm also hoping to catch the setting sun lighting up the rocks on 179 tomorrow evening.

Here are a couple of shots from the Doe Mountain trail.

View from the Doe Mountain trail, near the top


View from the top of Doe Mountain

No comments: