Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Greetings

Welcome to the Shutter Journeys. This blog will be a place for me to share thoughts and photos when I travel. At some point, I'll get around to making a nice banner image for the top and adding some bells and whistles, but for now, let's just get right to it.

I am currently on vacation in Sedona, Arizona. This is a place I have visited nearly every year since 2001. There are photos and even an old blog of my previous Sedona trips on my website. I left for this year's trip this past Friday evening. I got on the road several hours later than intended, however readers of my other blog, Pint-Size Gazette, will understand why I was running a little behind!

After a very late arrival in Santa Rosa, I was finally back on my usual schedule and arrived in Sedona before sunset on Saturday. My first stop was a grocery store. I'm determined this time not to undo all the good I do on the hiking trail by gorging myself like a glutton at the many fine restaurants in this town. I'm saving my eating out until next week when my friends from Las Vegas will be joining me here. For now, I'm sticking to home-cooked (okay, microwave-cooked!) meals as often as possible. Other than the king-size bagels the hotel provides for breakfast each morning, so far so good.

Having been here three days already, and just now starting this blog today, I have a little catching up to do. I'll start with one big post covering Sunday through today, and then hopefully will post smaller, daily updates after that.

No comments: